Two Thousand Fourteen

5:42 PM missusmonroe 0 Comments

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.
So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever."
- Neil Gaiman

"You cannot reap what you haven't sowed." 

(Both quotes obtained from Street Etiquette)

On the last day of December 2013 my grandfather passed, leaving our family distraught and in an immense amount of pain and confusion on what to do next. I was mindlessly browsing through my tumblr as I often to during these days of winter vacation, and a man I'd seen often caught my eye. I have yet to post inspo pictures as of late, but I've had them saved for a while and this guy is in quite a few of them. I didn't know of his blog so I quickly clicked on the link and got to oogling. The first quote was the one placed above and it just reminded me of my grandpa. Not that he'd said any of this, or not that I'd heard, but just because I felt like I knew that was how he rationalized life. My grandfather was the type of man who wasn't afraid of taking risks. He had goals for his life and he made sure he'd reach them no matter what or who was in his way. He was a God fearing man who made sure his family lived respectable lives in the image of God. He knew education was important, so important that he made sure to see his nieces, nephews, and even extended family who hated him and often stole from him, through school. He was humble, he was respected, he was a natural born leader who feared nothing, not even death. He lived a full life of 98 years and knew through all the years of his sickness, it was his time to go. He didn't want to make it through the new year so left his legacy on December 31st, 2013, two days after his birthday. With all of this being said, that doesn't mean we won't miss him like there's no tomorrow. However, I know he's in heaven watching over me and our family. 


xxoo missusmonroe

0 comments: