Me, Myself, and I

6:01 PM missusmonroe 0 Comments

Thrifted hoods-tooth blazer, chiffon top from Nigeria, Lucaya high-waisted shorts, Primark Oxfords

Is all I've got 'til the end, it's what I found out. And there ain't no need to cry, I took a vow and from now on im'ma be my own best friend. I had a real epiphany today. Sometimes you like to dwell on your past because everyday things make you reminisce and bring back emotions you've been so desperately trying to suffice. But you've got to get over it. It's sometimes hard to realize it, but your dwelling isn't stopping them from living their life. It doesn't matter how much you're thinking about them and dreaming up these false realities because the reality is that you probably don't matter as much anymore. Then you get the fuck over it. It's a hard pill to swallow at times. I'm the type of person who clings to memories and makes up this fantasy world where I depend on or even fall in love with something that's not even truly there. Anyway, today I really realized that God, family, and Sade aside, I am really all that I'll ever have. I'm moving into a whole different state for uni in a few months not knowing a soul; if I wasn't so comfortable in my own skin I'd be scared out of my wits. Anyway, I thank God for my independence. Today turned out to be a grand day.

xxoo missusmonroe






0 comments: