Birthday Dues

7:04 PM Sade 0 Comments




Uncle Julio's: Butterfly Shrimp, Rice and Beans, Tortillas

I've been blessed with yet another chance at life, love and the pursuit of my happiness. This birthday was a little bit different than others previously. I did not get that jittery sense of anxiety in the moments leading up to this day. Or even the fulfillment for a countdown. When I woke up today, I still felt the same (I think everyone can agree on this with me). I think what was different about this day was that I was alone. And this is not to say that I spent the day sulking, because I enjoyed a nice brunch with my brother and mother. But I was alone in the sense that, I was on break from school, away from my social scene, and I was just enjoying this precious moment in the comfort of my home and family. I am glad I got to experience this part of my life with them. Being in college and the mid-20's, we often get caught up in the world of academics, friends and parties. I think that it is important to remain humbled because (for most of us) family is one of the stones that we use to hold us firm in our beliefs, values and sometimes sanity. This past year has taught me so much about myself and I am still learning as a young adult. Overall, I am blessed to live yet another day. In retrospect, it's so interesting to watch yourself over the years and even more interesting to watch your identity form. Things surely aren't perfect on my end of things. I have been MIA from this blog for quite some time. Respectfully, I had to figure some things out. I read this quote that said, "Stop saying I don't have the time, start saying, it's not a priority. If you feel weird about saying that then change the habit." Over time, this blog as become less of a priority on my table of things. Frankly, it hasn't been on the table at all during some moments. I see myself moving in a different direction than the original purpose of this blog. Moving forward, I will still post, but it will not be at a frequency as it has been in the past. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year. I'm exploring the facets of my life that I've never considered before and were once a mystery. I hear that there is point in your life where you begin to look at things in a different view. Frankly, I maybe at that point. I'm realizing that the strongest opinion I can have is one of myself and I am my biggest supporter and motivator. I am fortunate enough to be given opportunities that allow me to explore that side of myself. I'm excited for what is to come and I only look forward it. Here's to another year.  

0 comments: