Concrete Jungle

2:19 PM Sade 0 Comments

 
42nd Street
 
BKLYN, NY
 
Chinatown market
Champ's Family Bakery, Brooklyn, New York 11211

This past weekend, I went on a day-trip to New York with a few of my fellow herbivore friends (vegan/vegetarian). We're all part of an on-campus group and decided to head up to NY (a place known for awesome veg options) to try out some great food. SO yes, I can officially say that I have traveled for my food. A bit insane. Glutton? no. Shameless? hell yeah. Honestly, I thought of this trip as just a cheap option to hop on and visit a cool city. I really left a bit different. As a vegetarian for 5 years and still going, I could never see myself as a vegan. Originally, I decided to become a vegetarian because of the overwhelming products and chemicals used in farming and meat processing. It was nauseating to imagine myself putting in these harmful chemicals into my body. Nevertheless, when the question of veganism came up, I wondered why people would torture themselves to a rabbit myself with few luxuries like peanut butter. How ironic, right? I'm sure people would say the same about vegetarians. Anyways, as I write this blog post, I find myself leaning towards a vegan lifestyle. I'm testing out the waters a few days a week to see how it goes. If it something that I do once or twice a week (vegan mondays, etc), that will be just fine by me. Going to this trip opened my eyes not only in terms of dietary meals, but a lot more than I can rattle off in one post. I am learning more and more, how easy it is to cease the experiences and make the most out of them.


Until next time,
Sade

0 comments: