Tears for NYFW

2:29 AM missusmonroe 0 Comments

Fashion week in New York is like my Christmas, literally all year long I'm waiting for the Spring RTW shows and when it's over I feel defeated and ready to cry and await the upcoming year. ~moving on from my dramatics~ but this years' show was filled with so much black, darkness, and "tired" makeup, Betsey the exception to all of this clearly, there really might be a need for real tears for Fashion Week. I literally just finished catching up on all of the shows, I've been so withdrawn from it all this year because I believe it really hit me that I had all the opportunities in the world to be there this year, what with being out of the house now and not having high school constraints and transitioning into college chaining me down; therefore, more tears were clearly necessary because here I am. Another New York Fashion Week spent not in New York. Pity party over. I loved just about every show in all honesty, it was so hard picking a selection, as you can see from the length of this post, but my favorite had to be Zac Posen. He really came to play no games! Oh, and I sickeningly saw my aesthetic I was going to go for for my first collection in Rosie Assoulin's collection! Don't worry, I will prosper but it really feels like being kicked in the stomach. Enjoy.

xxoo missusmonroe

(All photos extracted from style.com)
Betsey Johnson SPR 15 RTW


Badgley Mischka
Derek Lam 10 Crosby


Oscar De La Renta





Proenza Schouler






Pamella Roland




Rosetta Getty




Rosie Assoulin


Vera Wang

Zac Posen




0 comments: