Fashion Blogger woes

4:09 PM missusmonroe 0 Comments


Around this time last year I made a pretty well-received post about tears for NYFW, if I do say so myself...which I do. I basically figuratively, and maybe a real crocodile, shed tears every year for yet another absence at my mecca. And this year as it was right in the crevices of my fingers, I wondered how many other bloggers actually talk about their downfalls?


See, I've been blogging for about 10 years. As crazy as that sounds, Sade and I literally had blogspots and WordPresses way back in the day. Of course they were nothing of consistency and it certainly wasn't this blog, but I know the storyteller game. And trust me, you can only talk about new murals and front row seats for so long ~I know I know, but the free clothes! C'mon, there's only so much we can take seeing okay. There's way more content out there! And it's actually more interesting. Imagine that.


To be real, people like to be assured others are going through shit too. No one likes to feel like they are the only ones going through mud so there will be diligent readers out there. But realistically, I just wonder if I am the only person out here that actually enjoys talking about life. And I don't know about y'all, but my life certainly has pitfalls...black holes even. I don't need to detail to the entire world the crap or the blessings but at the same time I'm not going to lazy around with a fake grin plastered on my face and play the pretending game... content is an interesting thing to observe when you personally know the dirty dirty in creation.

just a thought.

In any case, I'm not sure if I will do a wrap up NYFW post this year, what do y'all think? People are so fake wrapped up in fashion they should be good right? Honestly (truly), I haven't even watched any shows this year. Crazy, I know. It pains me this time especially I suppose. But maybe I'll just get over it and do it..


Oh and this outfit was really random. I mean my hair really added to it but I think it was a straight shot at the target regardless. This top was from a recent NY day trip; on my usual vintage store tirade I went to a new location of Beacon's and scored pretty well. I've had the hardest time trying to style it without just adding jeans, I'm sorry, all I'd have to do after that is add some heels and I'd be your basic popular feed blogger. Am I even wrong? Ohh, calm down, what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't be me..** But I coincidentally grabbed these shorts that are actually part of a separate co-ordinate and made magic. Of course bright feet and a bright lip to saturate and bring everything together.

xxoo missusmonroe



0 comments: