ivy

9:40 PM missusmonroe 1 Comments


Here's the thing about thinking you can't do something: it'll be true as long as you believe it to be. You hold all the cards.


Truth be told, I almost did not wear this outfit. I know it's hard to believe, especially what with me being myself and everyone believing I can just do anything and wear whatever. Which I really can; however, this time around I was just saying to myself... this might be a little much! This is where I'd be crying of hysterical laughter cause it absolutely was but it was very right at the same time.

See now, you don't have to be a long time follower to know and understand I love festival season. As in, festival fashion is me and I am it. We go together, we mesh, we get it. Remember at Dreamville when I ran into my Carolina hotties? The approach was solely off of the fact we all understood what it was! And the organic vibes came soon thereafter. So being a vet in the fest but also in puting outfits together, you all know I never force anything. I'm not the one to say oh I'm going to a festival and try to personify this person I think would belong there or just try to buy the most outlandish pieces and get the most "photographed" look. Nah. So I didn't want this look to be doing the most in all of my opinions, and I have a lot of them. I was thinking it might be too cool out and it just might not be the venue for it.


But as I packed only one fit for the day I truly just said fuck it and went with the only thing I trust the most in this world. Out came magic.
These days it's hard to describe a thought process in piecing these looks. I knew what type of pants I wanted and I searched for them, lol I do this often. Until y'all have my designs in your hands, this is what I will continue to do too. I just open a new tab and input exactly what I'm envisioning or thinking of and go from there. I didn't necessarily think denim but when I saw them at DK I literally just knew they would be the ones. At first I wanted a white peasant-like top, but knowing my hair would be this purple-like tint I decided a bright top would be best. I found the clogs on PLT and immediately knew I was buying them.. even though I didn't know where the hell I'd be wearing them to. When I tell you all I haven't worn anything above 3 inches in a very long time... I did not know where I would be wearing them alright. But lo and behold, I just had the brightest of ideas to make them a part of a different festival look than I usually go for (I like to stay as close to the ground as possible, you all have heard this countless of times) but Megan Thee Stalli has been really having me on my tall glass of chocolate Almond Breeze shit. I've always adored being tall but she adds a different type of confidence to it, it makes me inclined to just really play with height again.



I didn't actually want a neon top at all and definitely not a lime, hate that trend tooo be honest, but it was actually the only style I found that was similar to the white I'd originally been gagging and I just didn't feel like searching any deeper because we know how my luck is with THE US POST OFFICE. I knew a semi-tight curl with a light bang would be perfect, I wanted to play off the 1800s type of puffy sleeves, corset vibes with the added volume on the hair giving it a modern pull. And that's all there was to it. It's never that serious, it just works.




The love and commentary of this one was overflowing, thank you to everyone negative or positive. And to the bitch ass at the fest that said they didn't want to catch my eczema as I needed to get back to the front of the security line, your ignorance is showing dumbass. Catch eczema...that I don't have?? Lord. If I saw you in the street I don't even know if you'd be worth the bottom of my shoe as I stomp your face out. In any case..much love! Haaaha!

xxoo missusmonroe



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following you on ig for a few years now. I just wanna say that when I saw you at Broccoli City you gave me LIFE!! Your energy is beyond amazing & this fit was everything. Please continue being you & don't let no one dim your light gorgeous! 💗

@theherbiwhxre