ANTI Weekend

4:45 AM missusmonroe 0 Comments


If you've been following us even for just a little bit of time, you know I've been through some trials and tribulations through this whole college thing. Just feeling as though I'm not reaping as much as I feel like I'm sewing, and I feel like I be sewing a whole lot okay. I've felt like giving up so many times, so, so, so many times. You just get tired of things not going the way you'd like if you really do feel like you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. But as stubborn as I am, I'm not the type to just give up. I've said this many times before but it's simply not in my nature. My mother literally did not raise me that way. I'm just really happy to say things took a spiritually magical turn recently and I couldn't have been happier. At the time, I really did need some reassurance my head is screwed on properly. A little nudge to keep working. And I felt so deserving to reward myself properly. Not half-assed when you know you ain't really meet your expectations but fuuuck it, type of thing. Real guiltless turn ups!


First up was our annual Africa Night; I whipped this outfit together so last minute. I had the perfect outfit really but I'd planned on wearing it for a future lookbook so that just wouldn't do. This eventually came together in the end and I love it so much. Ankara is such a fun material to style.

Then I was off to Maryland to see my badass beotch. Not really sure where you've been if you don't know Ri is my partial spirit animal, but catch up cause she is and this was a magical night. I respect her so much more as an artist after the show, she really put on a performance. I hate it when people compare her work to the likes of someone like Beyonce because we all know there isn't a common denominator in their music and style besides from the fact they both sing! So please halt. Beyonce performs Beyonce and Rihanna sure does do her own thing. I was absolutely in love. From the aesthetics, to the outfit changes, to the venue set up...opened up my eyes to even more career paths mixing all of my passions.

It's so important to treat yourself, whether you feel you deserve it or not, but especially when you've been working so hard and are finally reaping some benefits. Be selfish! Indulge in yourself. Love yourself harder than anyone else can.

xxoo missusmonroe

0 comments: